Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, January 18, 2009

5 myles - 1.39:52

Highline Canal Trail - 1:00 P.M.
near 70!, clear, no wind
mind/body - eager/ailing
easy effort

WITH Myles and Jaxon! Sometimes taking a step back can reveal amazing opportunities...

When the body starts to push back I think the hardest thing to do is to back down. After the interval work on Wednesday I seemed fine but when I woke up in the morning I noticed a little twinge in my left hamstring. In college they used to call me "hammy" instead of Jaime because I was constantly tweaking my hamstrings during soccer. Knowing what that feels like made me skip two key workouts (2 x 3 hour runs) this week - I was bummed. Not only missing two key workouts but turned out to be an amazing weekend here in Denver - between 60 and 70 both days. Tomorrow I go in for some PT with infrared and ultrasound on the hammy. It's not bad and will only probably prevent me from doing speed work for the coming week.

Sure I'll get the workouts back before Rocky Raccoon but the one thing I won't get back is time with my two boys. I got the baby jogger out today with Jaxon in toe with his scooter and hit the Highline Canal, unfortunately Nicole had to work so it was just me and the boys. I have never been on this stretch of the Highline and it goes through some pretty nice areas with mature cottonwood trees all around. I wish I had a camera because it one of those moments when Jaxon was pushing Myles in the baby jogger - pretty special! By the end of our walk we had broken into a slow jog because Jaxon wanted to see if he could run with the jogger. I'm glad I got this opportunity to take a step back to enjoy this day with my boys...

2 comments:

Manners said...

Good for you..."hammy". Take care fo the leg.
Nice to hear you could keep up with the boys.

AJW said...

Sandbagger!

:)