Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, January 15, 2009

10 myles - 1.11:52

Daniels Park - 3:00 P.M.
no wind, some snow, mid 40s
mind/body - strong/stiff
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 30 - 60 minutes depending on feel - easy effort

Actual workout: 10 myles 1.11:52 - avg. 7:11 - easy effort

Woke up this morning with a twinge in my left hamstring. Made me nervous because back in college soccer I had so many problems with my hamstrings they started calling me Hammy instead of Jaime. So today was just a test to see how it felt - didn't feel it during the run and feels a little better now after I put the roller to it. Maybe I over did it yesterday because I was feelling so good. I'll take tomorrow off and then hit back to back 3 hour runs on the weekend... depending upon how the hammy is feeling of course.

On another note, check out the new Team Pearl Izumi-smith website - still some tweaks to make but looking good! The team director is holding a monthly contest for FREE shwag, go check it out under CONTEST.

No comments: