Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, June 12, 2008

8 myles - 56:22

Grigs out/back - 5:00 p.m.
breezy, 70s, partly cloudy
mind/body - sluggish
HR max/avg - 164/149

What should have been a nice and easy relaxing run turned out to be a struggle. Note to self: Too much time off is a bad idea!

I started the run pretty slow and then by mile 6 my body finally adjusted and remembered what I was doing. I felt pretty solid by the end of the run, right where I left off. I guess I don't need two days off in a row or maybe I just had a bad day. In the future for my taper I think I will still run 5 days, just like normal weeks, but reduce the daily mileage to 4-6 myles. Seems to keep things in working order.

A couple more days before I leave for the desert so that leaves me with one more work out on Saturday, probably go 4 myles to keep the blood flowing. I'm getting nervous..... nervous is good!

2 comments:

Manners said...

I am trying to order the race on pay per view so I can watch every step. Tough to find it though. Good Luck. You are more than ready.

Anonymous said...

I was a little concerned.. You had not entered any information on your blog...Thought you were out of town...GOOD LUCK Run your race..Only you knows your own body & how it will react to the elements...