Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, June 9, 2008

12 myles - 1.23:13

Waterton Canyon - noon
low 70s, clear, mild wind
mind/body - very relaxed
HR max/avg - 164/152

A very nice relaxed run today, just like I wanted! Waterton canyon is a gravel dirt road with very little elevation gain. This roads starts the 473 mile Colorado trail to Durango and usually crowded every day of the week. The goal for today was to keep my HR below 160 and keep my average close to my peak - I think I came pretty close. One of the most enjoyable runs I've had in a long time!

A lot of my friends competed in the Squaw Peak 50 mile race on Saturday with tough conditions. My friends were tougher than the weather and clocked some very nice times! Congrats to Aric Manning, Christian Johnson, Cory Johnson, Tom/Jamie/Ron Remkes, and Phil Mendoza! One person that I was very interested to hear ran was Allen Belshaw (winner). He is also signed up for Desert RATS next week. I thought that might be impossible but back in 2006 he won Squaw Peak, then turned around the next week and won Desert RATS in record time. Looks like this is shaping up to be one battle to remember!

3 comments:

Manners said...

I just hope everyone else brings it cause I know Mr. Jaime will have the look of UTEP!
Eye of the Fast One!

Justin Ricks said...

Good Luck in next week's race!!!

Anonymous said...

I will be keeping a close ear on how you are doing...This is your race run it the way I know you can...& will..My heart & soul will be with you..Love....