Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

5 myles - 40:34

Daniels Park loop - noon
80s, clear, no wind
mind/body - pretty good
HR - did not use

I mainly did this run to get the kinks out and give the legs a spin. I'm heading to another desert today (Phoenix) for business so running will be minimal. I felt decent today but my left big toenail has blood under it so it hurts. This is good leading into HR! Last year my feet hurt so bad because I had blisters under my big toenails. This year both big toenails will be dead so hopefully there will be no pain.

This coming weekend I will probably go to Pikes Peak both days and get 10 hours on the peak. I plan to do a run/hike mix to simulate HR. I've never been a fast hiker so hopefully with a little training I can get better at it.

3 comments:

Manners said...

Not a fast hiker? That makes me a tortoise. I recall a day or 2 last August hiking with Fast Eddy and I was nearly 300+ yards behind or even more. Or maybe you just wanted to go UTEP on my A.....

Justin Ricks said...

Congrats on your race!!!! I will be on the Peak Sunday running 4-5 hours if you are interested.

Unknown said...

Hey Justin,

I'll be at Pikes on Saturday @ 5am. Rick Hessek and others from CRUD will be there. I'm doing incline, barr, elks, top, and back down. I need to get my hiking legs on so I won't be at your pace. Sunday I've decided to go to Grays/Torreys to get more high elevation hiking in.