Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

12 myles - 1.23:13

East/West HR loop - 1:00 p.m.
cool wind, mid 60s, cloudy
mind/body - better today
HR max/avg - 176/152

I went out and did my normal loop over at East/West HR and then on the way back stopped at the local high school to put the new watch to the test.

I felt very good out on the trail climbing and cruising very easily. Far cry from how I felt yesterday. Like I said before, we all have down days we just gotta get through them as best we can. I realize I'm tired but I think once my taper starts my body will be a lot stronger during this stage race.

I went to the track for two reasons: 1. to find out the accuracy of my pedometer and 2. to see how high I could get my HR. I got answers to both as I knew I would. I did one mile in 5:35 and my pedometer measured 0.95m. I did one 800m in 2:46 and my pedometer read 0.47m. I slowed down considerably to do another mile and 800m for good measure - same result. Now I just need to calibrate it. As far as the HR monitor goes, I got my HR up to 176 so at least I know it's working but I still think I should be able to get my HR above 180 and still not reach lactate threshold. Maybe I'll go back to the track and push for a 5:15 mile to get it up there or then again maybe not.... always hated track work!

1 comment:

Justin Ricks said...

Definitely, just let me know when you plan on heading down.