Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, June 6, 2008

10 myles - 1.05:56

Daniels Park - 11:00 a.m.
heatin' up - 70s, clear, dry
mind/body - motivated
HR max/avg - 170/155

It's amazing what ONE day off will do for the mind, soul, body, and spirit! I felt absolutely on target today! My first mile has always been indicative of how my run is going to turn out and today was no different, first/last splits: 6:24/6:03. I was running smooth with relaxed breathing, as you can see with my average HR. Avg mile was 6:35.

I'm still a little concerned about the heat for Desert RATS. I have not been able to put in any solid heat training like I wanted to but I doubt anyone has. It's been in the mid 70s in Moab pretty consistently but rest assured it will be sweltering by the time I get down there. I guess the only way around the heat is to finish earlier in the day.... This year you'll be able to follow on line as the race organizers are going to use SPOT satellite personal tracker for all racers. I'll post the link as soon as they have it up and running.

Good luck to all my buddies who are running Squaw Peak 50 this weekend! I'll be waiting to hear how it went!

No comments: