Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, November 12, 2009

8 myles - 57:04

HR urban trails - 7:00 A.M.
strong North wind, dry, cloudy
mind/body - groggy to start
easy effort

Been busy the last couple of days preparing for an upcoming national meeting and painting my basement. Needless to say I've been squeezing runs in here and there. Today was nothing special with a 7:08 pace but it sure was nice to be out so early. I'm normally not a morning person but I've found when I get my butt outta bed and run early my day goes a ton better. Having said that, I actually accomplished quite a bit today. I won't bore you with the details but just know I'm smarter today than I was yesterday...

I'm planning on the Wildcat Mountain 1/2 marathon on Saturday. Supposed to be rainy and mucky... perfect! I'm hoping it will scare away those fast roadies so I don't have to kill myself to stay with them. The course is on my home route (the trail I ran today) and has about 1500 ft of elevation. I'm pretty confident I can pull off a 1.25 even in the worst of conditions. Should be fun but I have to say kinda weird doing a race so close to home.

1 comment:

aj said...

good luck scott...lets see your time is half of my time....hummmmm