Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, November 5, 2009

11 myles - no time

Daniels Park -8:00 A.M.
mid 50s, some mud/snow
mind/body - good
Hard effort

Not a full-on hard effort but did some interval work. My intentions were to go round and round on the High School track but for some reason the H.S. kids think they own it and wouldn't let me on during their gym class...

Because I had to ad-lib on the workout I didn't start my watch. Decided to do 6 x 60 seconds at LT and then finish up on a comfortable fast mile - 5:53 pace. The last mile was thrown in there to give me a target for mile repeats, once I start them. My intended workout was to be 4-3-2-1-1-2-3-4 round the track with a lap jog in between each. When I coached college soccer this was a favorite of all the players so I thought I'd get a taste my own medicine - I guess another day huh.

2 comments:

AJW said...

sandbagger!

Unknown said...

no reason to set the bar too high starting out right? I figure I can only improve 20 seconds/mile max anyways.