Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, November 7, 2009

~15 myles - 2.09:43

Santa Fe/ Falcon trail - 7:00 A.M.
mid 40s, clear, dry
mind/body - eager/refreshed
easy effort

Any time you know you're gonna go on a run with JT - it's gotta be easy. Turns our JT was an hour late because he was the designated driver the night before till 4 A.M.... I'm still not sure how that works out because when he drinks till 4 he is usually on time to the runs ....excuses so early on for the South chapter of CRUD

The usual group was there: myself (leading the way of course), Paul, Rick, Larry, Max the dog, Harsha (fresh off his trip from Bangalore), and Harry (the quiet one - huh?). Our intentions early in the week were to get to show our mugs on the ESPN College game day as they were at the Air Force Academy yesterday. Turn our they were set up a little too far and would have been a 6 hour run.

On November 21st, CRUD will be hosting the 2nd annual burrito eating contest at Chipotle in Castle Rock @ 11 A.M. The challenge is to eat 3 of their burritos - first one done wins. That's roughly six pounds of Mexican! I look to be the odds on favorite. More details to follow.

2 comments:

aj said...

my bet is on you scott..I have seen how many grapes you can put in your mouth..

brownie said...

There was no one fast enough for me to run with in that group, so I went alone.

FYI, I crushed Rick H in the Cheyenne Canon hill climb. He then tried to outdrink me at the post race party, and that didn't go well for him either. He still says he can take you at the burrito eat-off.