Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, November 27, 2009

15 myles - 1.51:58

HR urban trails - 11:00 A.M.
mid 60s, sun shining, muddy
mind/body - good/Tryptophan philled
easy effort

I cracked the 3,000 mile mark for the year on this run. 3,003 myles to be exact. Farthest I've ever run in one year, thanks in part to the Colorado Trail.... does that count?? I mean, I was walking most of the time and when I was running it was a fast walk at best. I'm gonna count it because I count the myles in a hundred when I walk, right?

Nice little post-turkey run. Trails are still a little muddy on the North facing slopes but manageable nonetheless. I averaged a 7:27 pace today and felt great. I almost went out last night at 9 P.M. because I was feeling really bad of how much food I piled into the pie hole. My favorite this time of year is a good pumpkin pie and we had a good one this year. We didn't bake a thing this year (again) and elected to buy all our stuff from Tony's - It's just such a shame to cook for two days and have it done in 15 minutes. I enjoy the day better when someone else does the cooking, thanks Tony's Market! And we have left-overs.

On another note, my much anticipated 2010 race schedule to be revealed soon

2 comments:

Stuart Swineford said...

Congrats on the tally. That is impressive as hell. The Colorado Trail certainly counts, man. Good going!

~stubert.
http://runsturun.com

Breeves2000 said...

Congratulation on reaching 3k. That's a goal that very few will ever accomplish.
You were almost home and just turning onto our street as I was heading out to the gym. Waved at ya, but you were focused on finishing strong. My knee is feeling better and I've have a couple of good runs lately. Maybe we can get in a run together soon?