Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, November 26, 2009

5K - 29:08

HRCA Turkey Day run - 9:00 A.M.

"Dad - that was harder than I thought!" "Great job Jaxon - I'm proud of you!"

That was the exchange after the race as we picked up our goody bag. Jaxon beat his time by over a minute so he was really happy. 9:22 pace with first mile in 8:45. Here's the video

"Dear Family, I am thankful for you because you care for me. Here are some other reasons I'm thankful for you: You help me with school, feed me, and do my laundry. You also provide a house for me. So I think you deserve the best of thanks. You are the best family."

That's what Jaxon read at Thanksgiving dinner - something he worked on in school. As if I wasn't already proud of him. I too am proud of my family and give thanks to them on this day. Not only my immediate family but to my extended family and friends as well. Good family. Good job. And good friends - what more could anyone want out of life.

After the race - Jaxon decked out in PI gear

2 comments:

aj said...

GREAT JOB JAXON... We are all proud of you ...those are great splits for a 10 year old...We are very thankful to have you in our family....love

GZ said...

Amen to that. Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for sharing that.