Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

11 myles - 1.15:43

Coyote Ridge trail - 9:00 A.M.
30s, some snow, some mud, clear
mind/body - good
easy effort

A couple of good runs the last couple of days, just no time to post. Today was a 6:53 pace with the highlight seeing two bucks compete for a doe. They both looked at me and did not budge - kinda thought they might charge but I assured them I didn't want any part of that doe. Yesterday was a 6:46 pace on a 8 mile run with crisp conditions. I actually hit 6:14 and 6:22 on the way back without a concerted effort - good signs.

Here is a link to the actual CRUD burrito eating world championship. You'll notice I fell behind early but almost caught Tim and Muzzy on the 3rd burrito. On another note, Jaxon and I are doing a 5K turkey day run. He's real excited and thinks he can break 25 minutes - I'll pull him along as best as I can. It's only a matter of time before he starts beatin' this masters runner....

2 comments:

Matt said...

Scott,
Is there such a thing as an off-season? Are there more or less "down periods" throughout the year, or do you take a little break during the proverbial "end of the year"?

Those little 8 milers are nice.

Have a good turkey.

Unknown said...

It's a good question Matt

My "off" off season usually happens during the month of October. I think for the last 4 years I've only averaged 100 myles, so in essence 25 myles a week. I don't think I ever get away from running for more than 3 days in a row throughout the year, except after the Colorado Trail this year. My racing season usually ends in September and then starts back up again in January or February. In order to ramp up for an early Ultra (as you know) training has to occur so that is what November and December are for - ramping up.

Eat lots of Turkey tomorrow Matt!

Have a good one!
Scott