Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, November 9, 2009

~6 myles - 1.00:10

Mt. Sanitas - 2:00 P.M.
dry, clear, 60s
mind/body - good
easy effort

Now I know why those Boulder runners scream down the 'so called' technical stuff in races.... Mt. Sanitas is as technical as they get (next to Bear Mountain). This mountain range; Bear, Green, Mt. Sanitas and the Flat Irons, are relatively close to each other and to downtown Boulder, making for easy access to do frequent gnarly hill repeats. If I lived there I'd be up there everyday - tons of good stuff. I once heard Mackay did Bear up and down in just under an hour - not sure where he started but it doesn't matter cause that stuff is gnarly!

Anyway, today I went up Mt. Sanitas twice because the first time I came down some side canyon and had to go back up to see where I got lost. Made it up the Centennial side in just over 20 minutes - not to sure how that stacks up but I felt good. Boulder is now part of my new territory so hopefully I'll be a frequent visitor to this place and learn all the trails.
Post a Comment