Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, November 9, 2009

~6 myles - 1.00:10

Mt. Sanitas - 2:00 P.M.
dry, clear, 60s
mind/body - good
easy effort

Now I know why those Boulder runners scream down the 'so called' technical stuff in races.... Mt. Sanitas is as technical as they get (next to Bear Mountain). This mountain range; Bear, Green, Mt. Sanitas and the Flat Irons, are relatively close to each other and to downtown Boulder, making for easy access to do frequent gnarly hill repeats. If I lived there I'd be up there everyday - tons of good stuff. I once heard Mackay did Bear up and down in just under an hour - not sure where he started but it doesn't matter cause that stuff is gnarly!

Anyway, today I went up Mt. Sanitas twice because the first time I came down some side canyon and had to go back up to see where I got lost. Made it up the Centennial side in just over 20 minutes - not to sure how that stacks up but I felt good. Boulder is now part of my new territory so hopefully I'll be a frequent visitor to this place and learn all the trails.

6 comments:

GZ said...

So - "Boulder is now part of my new territory so hopefully I'll be a frequent visitor to this place and learn all the trails."

Assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that you might want to hook up with some guys who frequent these trails ... Regulars to hook up with here are JV (jeffvalliere.blogspot.com), JP (fastfeetandfeasts.blogspot.com/) Brandon (http://brandon.fuller.name/blog/) and some guy who runs leadville named Tony (I think you know that URL)

Unknown said...

Absolutely! But who's this Tony guy??

Shad Mika said...

Scott I was up there yesterday from 3-4:30 doing laps! Crap wish I would have ran into you. I moved to Boulder from Littleton 6-7 weeks ago and now live in the houses just below NCAR, needless to say Bear is my back yard, 8 miles round trip to the top and back. Maybe you can go for a jog while I run sometime. Later.

Unknown said...

I started around 2 at the Centennial trail head and was done by 3. Lots of people on the trail. I can't wait to get going up there! Looking forward to the runs

Nick said...

"looking forward to the runs" - you enjoy that ;-)

Do you ever get up north beyond Boulder? If so, I'd be happy to show you around some much less traveled trails up here in the Fort.

Unknown said...

Hey Nick,

As a matter of fact - yes. I was in Greeley, Longmont, and Loveland yesterday before Boulder. And I go even further North into the great state of Wyoming.

I will let you know when I get up to the Poudre Valley area