Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, November 14, 2009

13.1 myles - 1.27:47

Wildcat Mountain 1/2 marathon - 8:30 A.M.
20s, a little snow, muddy
mind/body - good
Hard effort

Whew! That was tough! It's been a long time since I've felt that searing of the lungs and I tell you what - I don't miss it!

My initial goal was 1.25 so I was close but not my best performance. I ended up 3rd overall and (hate to say it) I won the master's division. I ended up with a 6:42 pace on a trail course with 1800 ft. of elevation gain. Major props to the winner who clocked a time just under 1.22 (6:15 pace). I went through 5K in 18:27 and 10K in 39:55. I lost contact with the two in front of me right around the 5 mile mark when I realized I was beyond my red line. The hills are where I started to reel them in but just I was closing the hill became a DOWN hill and that's all she wrote with those guys have better leg speed. It's a good start to the speed work but I have a lot of work to do. Race results posted here soon.

Did I happen to mention I don't miss this short stuff? I'd rather drag the battle out over a 1/2 a day or so....

On another note, last night I did some training for our burrito competition that will be held next Saturday, November 21st. I ate 2 Qdoba veggie burritos in 8 minutes! I wasn't even trying! First one went down in 3 minutes, just my normal eating. Second one went down a little slower as I became somewhat full. 3 burritos is going to be challenge but I've gotta be considered the favorite at this point. If anyone wants to join us we will be at Chipotle in Castle Rock - 5642 Allen Way - 303-663-0552 @ 11 A.M. The challenge is to eat 3 Chipotle burritos - first one done wins cash and prizes and declared CRUD burrito champion of the world.
Post a Comment