Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, August 31, 2008

11 myles - a little over an hour

HR East/West loop - 10:00 a.m.
clear, mild South wind, mid 70s
mind/body - better than yesterday
easy effort

I bounced back like I knew I would today. Lots of people out on the trail today because of the holiday weekend. I had to use my cat-like abilities to jump outta the way of those wreckless mtn. bikers.

For the month of August I ran 265 myles, which is pretty good considering I took a week off after Leadville. So far for the year I've run 2,132 myles and on track to run 3,000 for the year. The most I've run in recent years has been 2,417 so I feel very fortunate to have no major injuries. I attribute the added myles to taking some time off at the end of last year so if I'm smart then I'll do the same this year.

2 comments:

mnodurft said...

The miles are adding up. I think that I may have overdone it for my first high-mileage year.

Definitely looking forward to Steamboat - scenery and my first 50. I'm fortunate enough to get to spend a week in the area beforehand with some friends that live there.

How did the Mtn RATS race go? That looks like a lot of fun! What's next on your plate? Any races or are you just going to enjoy some good running?

Unknown said...

Michael,

Hopefully it will be good weather for you in Steamboat.

Mtn RATS was a blast! 75 miles in 4 days, while carrying everything on your back. Very nice to spend 4 days camping as well.

For now I'm going to enjoy running and maybe some cyclocross in the fall.