Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

4 myles - 33:12

Chautauqua open space - 6:00 a.m.
clear, mid 60s, dry
mind/body - ready to go
easy effort

I had some work to do up North so I decided since I have never run on the trails in Boulder that I would give it a try. I ran right below the flatirons on a system of trails in Chautauqua open space - very nice! Boulder is a mecca when it comes to people being fit so that goes without saying that even at 6 a.m. the trails were packed.

I felt great the entire time just trying to keep a very mellow pace. My body feels strong and my mind seems to be refreshed and ready to go for Leadville. What will happen in Leadville? I'm not sure. Last time I ran in 2006 my time was 21.27, in which I predicted I would get around 21.30 prior to the race. This year my only goal is to beat that time and I will be happy. I do have a time in mind that I think I'm capable of but I'm keeping that to myself.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

18:42
Enough said,
Bfish

Justin Ricks said...

Good Luck in Leadville! I am hoping to make the trip up there to catch some of the race.