Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, August 10, 2008

11 myles - 1.11:58

HR East/West loop - 10:00 a.m.
overcast with friendly clouds, low 70s, slight breeze
mind/body - strong(er)
medium effort

The body is growing stronger thus my confidence for Leadville is rising. No stiffness whatsoever today and felt strong throughout the run. Probably one of my fastest times on this course.

On a different note, yesterday I bought a new symbol for my necklace. Since Leadville 2006 I have worn a New Zealand symbol made out of poipu shells that means safe travels. Nicole and Jaxon bought it for me while running Leadville in Twin Lakes. I hate to switch out the symbol but yesterday I found one that symbolizes the sign of the times. It's a tortoise and a hare together.... we all know the story right? What that symbolizes to me are two things: 1. the tortoise is my Fast Eddy symbol and 2. Speed doesn't always win the race, especially in these 100 mile races, being smart, patient, and calculated wins the race. I will wear in Leadville to remind me to go out slow and take calculated chances later.

No comments: