Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

8 myles - 1.13:14

San Francisco wharf - 5:00 p.m.
windy, 60s, lots of O2
mind/body - clear/still a little stiff
easy effort

Can't pass up a run on the San Francisco wharf - spectacular scenery! It's amazing to see so many people out running and enjoying themselves. Ultimately all those people made my run more enjoyable.

Initially I was going to go for 5 or 6
myles but I invited my new boss and thought I should probably go HIS pace for as long as HE wanted. He used to live in San Fran. so it was a nice relaxed run with a tour guide pointing out all the monuments. I really don't like mixing running and work because I hate to explain why I run the distances I do... the conversation came up during the run and questions started coming. I deflected as much as I could because I always feel like I'm bragging and I hate that! But what do you do when the "new" boss wants to get to know you? In the end I enjoyed his company and I feel like he's going to be a boss I respect and will enjoy working with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice of you to mix it up w/ the boss... makes your life easier... probably his also... this way he gets to know you even better... I know he will think very highly of you...