Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, August 30, 2008

16 myles - around 2 hours

Daniels park out/back - 9:30 a.m.
clear, mid 60s, dry
mind/body - a little hesitant
easy effort

Once again I didn't take a watch because I just wanted to enjoy myself. Although I knew from the outset that I wasn't going to run very well and it wasn't going to be enjoyable. Legs just didn't want to move today and the Achilles was a little sore. I've been through enough days like this to know I'll bounce back even stronger next week.

The lack of energy today could be due to the fact that I have scaled my diet back down to 2000 calories/day and eliminated most saturated fats for the past week. I kind-of got outta hand with eating in Florida being that Hurricane Fay kept us indoors most days. I'm sure my body is trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing but should be back to normal in a few days.

One week until Wasatch! I'm looking forward to getting back to Utah and pacing my good ol friend Aric Manning. Carolyn Boman if you're reading this, please bring me a bushel of peaches from Perry and I will pay you when I see you.

2 comments:

Paul DeWitt said...

I think you should eat the spider from yesterday's post; lots of protein and low fat. Ummm.

mnodurft said...

great job at hardrock, i'm impressed. sounds like you're recovering pretty well.

that looks like a wolf spider. they are considered to be non-aggressive but will bite if provoked. Their venom isn't lethal or highly dangerous, however, the bite will likely be a bit painful and produce swelling. It is a ground dwelling spider and doesn't spin a web. Having landscaped for a while I became acquainted with quite a few of Colorado's creepy-crawlers. Hope the info helps.