Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, December 13, 2010

6 myles - 45:24

HR urban trails - 8 AM
50s, clear, dry
mind/body - good/not so
easy effort

The weather was fantastic this morning! I felt amazing (initially) then that little niggle in the calf started to work it's way in play. How can that be when my running has been minimal? The only thing I can think of is that the pain meds after the minor procedure weakened my muscles. Not gonna worry about it too much since nothing is on the horizon.... that is, nothing but 3000 myles. I'm at 2991 and with the El Chubbo coming up this weekend I'll hit it no problem. Maybe the body is just sayin' "Simma down now!" The week of skiing next week with the family will take the edge off. Now starting in ernest in January for my run up to Western States and UTMB...

Speaking of "run up", I was looking at race websites and decided to take a look to see how many applicants were signed up for Hard Rock.... BIG MISTAKE! Mistake because I was trying to put HR out of mind for a year and just by looking at the entrants (from all over the world), and then all the awesome pictures, and then... well, one thing led to another and I found myself printing out the application. I can't help it! I am in love with the San Juans, and in particular, The Hard Rock 100. We'll see if I can resist the urge...

3 comments:

aj said...

you just had to do it... I knew you could not control yourself...what are we going to do with you? Love the way you are...

Anonymous said...

Printing out the app? Doesnt sound like your resisting the urge very well Scott! Funny you live in Highlands Ranch - my sis lived there for a few years - I almost didnt come back East more than once.

Enjoy your week skiing!

Anonymous said...

You must enter the Hard Rock. South Mineral is looking for you.