Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, December 10, 2010

10 myles - 1.15:51

HR Backcountry - 10:00 AM
50s, clear, dry
mind/body - refreshed
easy effort

Very nice relaxing run today (7:35 pace) while getting back into the groove. Also got out for 10.5 on Wednesday with Good Ben. Next week I will start to ramp it back up after having 4 weeks of relaxing. The El Chubbo Pequeno fun run on the 18th in Fort Collins will kick start training in full swing.

In the midst of lottery season right now and just got shut out of my first one this year - Massanutten 100. They have the funkiest lottery system I have ever seen but I guess it works. I have the option of signing up for the wait list but don't want to be held hostage when there's so many other races to run. In lieu, as back up plan B, I signed up for the Miwok lottery that happens on the 15th and also entered Squaw Peak 50. If Miwok falls through then plan C is to do the Pokey 20 mile and then SP 50. Make sense? So in other words, the only sure thing at this point is Western States, which is a bit of an irony.

2 comments:

nmp said...

No luck for me either...the stock market must be biased against CO ;)

Have fun next weekend in the fort!

aj said...

how about mt. blanc? when is the lottery for that one?