Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

11 myles - 1.19:50

Wildcat Ridge - noon
50s, clear, dry
mind/body - good/tight hammys
easy effort

This new GPS Global Trainer is helping me map out all my local runs and giving me a good base for time. It'll be interesting to see what happens (as far as accuracy) when I get to the foothills and trees. So far really accurate compared to MapMyRun. Just about 1000 ft of climbing and a 7:18 pace while keeping the HR to an average of 159.

Signed up for the draw for UTMB today. Nick and I are planning on doing Sierre-Zinal on August 14th as well. Perfect timing to blow out the carbon, get acclimated, then tour the UTMB course for a week. All while vacationing with the family in Europe for the first time ever.

3 comments:

trudginalong said...

Awesome, love Europe, and Sierre Zinal looks beautiful.

nmp said...

Nice! Hopefully you guys get in - I think I may toss my name in the UTMB hat in the next few days as well.

Unknown said...

None of my family has been to Europe so it should be an absolute blast! What could be better than racing and vacationing in a beautiful place with the family!

You might as well Nick. I believe my whole family is going (in laws and parents included). There should be a pretty large U.S. contingent based on the number of applicants.