Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, September 5, 2010

9 myles - 1.05:15

Lone Tree + loop - 8:00 AM
70s, clear, dry
mind/body - still rollin
easy effort

I wasn't going to run today but for the simple fact that I have no soreness or stiffness from yesterday - why not? I think I may have "turned the corner" on this slump. The runs are more enjoyable than ever before and I actually look forward to getting out everyday. Whatever has happened over the course of the two weeks since Where's Waldo, I sure do hope it continues through the end of this month. You know the finest steel has to go through the hottest fire so maybe Hard Rock and Where's Waldo were my living hell....

For the week: 115.4 myles, 15,082 ft of climbing, 17 hrs 58 mins. Over the course of 9 days: 158.4 myles. Will these numbers translate into a good 100 mile race to finish the year? I hope so because I officially signed up for The Bear last night.

6 comments:

nmp said...

Good to hear that you have turned the corner and are going to run the Bear! It is a great race and I think you will enjoy it

Looks like there will be a good race up front as well: you, Dakota, Mike Foote, AJW(?)...

Unknown said...

Nick - I will not go out fast. I will not go out fast. I will not go out fast.... as long as I keep reminding myself that the race doesn't begin until the 100K mark I will have a good race. So when Dakota starts hootin and hollerin I will just have to watch him fade into the distance. I will not go out fast. I will not go out fast.

Good luck at Wasatch. I hear you are ready to rip so enjoy it and reel some people in starting at Brighton. BUT try to get to Brighton right at dusk and you will be golden.

Footfeathers said...

Solid for sure! Have all my warm clothes and some food ready for me at the finish of bear; you'll certainly have PLENTY of time before I finish!

Rick said...

That is some really SOLID training there! You will go out fast but your effort will be an easy one. Great stuff, 15,000' of vertical!

nmp said...

Slow and steady winds the race! Just remember how Geoff ran western and Jared Hardrock...both were a good bit back until the later parts when it really counts

Hopefully Wasatch goes well - I figure the ~118 miles with 23k of climb of 6 days at transrockies should be decent training. I just hope I don't get too lost for once :)

Jon Allen said...

It's about time you signed up. I was thinking you were going to chicken out. Game on.