Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, September 17, 2010

13 myles - 1.42:07

Deer Creek - 10:00 AM
70s, clear, dry
mind/body - absolutely refreshed
easy effort

Ahhh. Back to the single track in the front range of Colorado. I just about had it with the treadmill at the hotel, staring at the Staples Center for hours at a time. Today was a fantastic day not only in terms of scenery, but the overall body is feeling fluid and fast. In fact, I do believe this is my fastest time doing the full loop at Deer Creek. And what's even more encouraging is that I didn't kill myself doing it. Maybe a day off yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks helped out. At any rate, I'm in full taper mode. After my 4 hour run last Saturday with Rick I switched to taper mode.

My week in L.A. was jammed packed with meetings and food but I managed to squeeze in 4 runs and not so much food:
  • Monday - 8 myles - 1.06:05 real easy
  • Tuesday - 6 myles - 1.02:10 6MPH @ 8% grade (2534 climbing)
  • Wednesday - 5 myles @ lunch (5K at 9.7MPH, 1 mile w/u and c/d)
  • Wednesday - 4 myles later 8 MPH
  • Thursday - off
I specifically did the 5K leg turn over run at lunch cause I knew no one would be in there to see me breathing hard, making funny noises, and sweating all over the place. It was real interesting going back to my room getting on a full elevator of people, I had to apologize several times for dripping sweat on someones dress shirt or blouse.

So in a 21 day span I have run 280.1 myles with only one day off. This week, however, I'm only at 36. Definitely scaled back and just thinking about quality stuff now. One week from today, at this time (1:30 PM), I hope to be at Temple Fork....
Post a Comment