Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, September 6, 2010

17.5 myles - 2.02:53

Daniels Park - 8:00 AM
60s, clear, dry
mind/body - good
Hard effort

The plan today was to be on my feet for two hours and get some flat(ish) fast myles in - check and check. In all, 1262 feet of climbing, says my Axio watch, with a pace of 7:01. I did not bring any calories with me (don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing?) so I felt it in the end. I guess it's good that I tapped my glycogen stores but bad that I'm teaching my body to require less that could spell disaster later in a race. At any rate, the body and mind still feel fresh with 10 straight days of running. I have a week long meeting in L.A. starting next Monday so I'm trying to get as many days in running as I can. And THIS TIME I will be good with the food.... yeah right, I'll probably eat every time they put out food, which is about 10x/day.

A year ago today on the CT - day 6

Almost forgot... Funny thing happened on my run today. I was coming up a hill that's about three-quarters of a mile long and gradually gets steeper (10%) towards the top. On the bottom of the hill a guy on a bike comes zooming past me and gives me a look back. I take the look as if he wants to race me up the hill so I'm turning myself inside-out to try and catch him while he's bobbing back and forth out of his saddle. Two hundred meters to the top he glances back (confirmation he was racing me), I wave, and he turns right into the curb and falls over. Probably a little embarrassed he hops on his bike and motors to the top. He won but I got a good laugh.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

haha - that's hilarious.

I heard its a good thing to do lower calorie input in training, but just periodically. Seemed like a reliable source, but who knows. It seems doubtful its going to hurt, as long as you make sure you fuel right on race day (but what the heck do I know? Not a lot)