Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

8 myles - 1.01:56

HR urban trails - 7:00 AM
60s, partly cloudy, windy
mind/body - a little hesitant today
very easy effort

Today was the first day in almost two weeks when I really didn't want to run, but in order to keep to my plan - I went out. Once out on the trails I was fine but I was going through the motions. My plan for the last 3 weeks was to mix up the training by doing more mileage and more time on my feet than ever before. I figure since I've taken the same approach to a hundred mile race a dozen times before with a dozen similar results, I should try something different and see if the result is different. So far in my 12 day mini streak: 194 myles.

Harsha and I a year ago yesterday on the CT - day 7


6 comments:

Footfeathers said...

You make me feel like a lazy slob.

Unknown said...

I will be the lazy slob next week in my week long/free buffet meeting. Just gotta get em in while I can

Brad Poppele said...

Bought some of the now carbo gain. I was reading your blog and you mentioned how much you liked it. I wanted the 2 lb container but they only had it in a 8 lb container. I sure hope it works for me as well. I will let you know how it works for me after I try it a few times.
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hey Brad - I hope it works for you as well. If it does work, you will burn through 8 lbs pretty quick. I mixed 1.5 cups in 60 oz twice now and I'm 2/3rds of the way through the 2 lb. The nice thing is that it doesn't add any flavor or thickness to the solution. I'll be interested to find out if it works for you too. Another brand to look for is Carbo Pro, both 100% maltodextrin.

Footfeathers said...

Scott. Do you notice whether the mix foams? I used my hammer maltodextrine mix in a handheld and had half a bottle of foam during the run.

Unknown said...

I always had problems with the hammer products foaming (sustained energy and perpetuem). But they also have other ingredients in them such as carnitine, calcium, etc. This Carbo Gain is 100% maltodextrin, no other ingredients. To answer your question: NO FOAMING experienced in both of my runs.