Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, September 12, 2010

5 myles - no time

Rocky Heights Track - 6:00 PM
60s, clear, dry
mind/body - good
easy effort

I had the opportunity to go to the track with the family tonight. Jaxon has parent running day next Tuesday and I will be out of town so the teacher allowed us to count what we did tonight. Every week Jaxon runs as many laps as he can in 25 minutes during gym class. The goal is to run a marathon before the end of class (don't know when it ends). So whatever I did with him tonight will count towards his goal. I'm extremely proud to report Jaxon completed 11 laps in 24:37 with his last lap being 1:54. He paced himself and recorded even splits the entire time:
  • 2:16
  • 2:19
  • 2:12
  • 2:17
  • 2:17
  • 2:18
  • 2:13
  • 2:15
  • 2:16
  • 2:14
  • 1:54!
Sorry... forgot the camera so no pictures. It sure was fun getting to spend time with Jaxon, even though he told me to stop talking to him cause he couldn't concentrate. Good times with the family indeed. Now I'm off to the hustle and bustle of downtown L.A.

2 comments:

trudginalong said...

Solid, was down on your turn this morning, nice trail you got there!

Unknown said...

what trail were you on? You gotta drop me a line when you come this way.