Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

10 myles - 1.12:02

HR urban trails - 7 AM
50s, clear, dry
mind/body - good
easy effort

Really eased into this one. Walked Jaxon to school and contemplated just coming back home... we all know once you're out there, you might as well go run. I started slow and the mind threatened to give up but the body slowly, but surely, responded. By the end I was in the groove and decided to push a bit the last two myles (12:44). The reason for the flaky mind today is the simple fact that I am going 41 with FF tomorrow and then 30 on Saturday with Rick Hessek - that puts me at 99 even if I take Friday and Sunday off. If I'm really committed I will do an easy 6 on Friday to put me over the century mark.

Crazy Jaime boy!

3 comments:

GZ said...

why specifically 41 tomorrow? Is it an age thing?

Unknown said...

Just turns out that the first 3 sections of the CT ends up being 41 myles. Ironically that will be my age next week so it all works out. I'm traveling on my real b-day so this might have to suffice.

trudginalong said...

You updated your beer! I'm enjoying a Dogfishhead 60 minute IPA... excellent.