Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, August 29, 2009

9 myles - 1.06:29

HR urban trails - 8:00 A.M.
60s, dry, clear
mind/body - anxious
easy effort

Lots of weekend warriors out on the trails this morning - good to see! Highlands Ranch just finished a new section of trails so everyone was testing them out before it gets too cold. Some good climbing and descending but way too many speed bumps. A couple more runs to keep the blood moving and I should be ready to go, dark and early Wednesday morning at 3 A.M.

I'm putting together the final details of the Colorado Trail adventure. For the first time I looked at the extended forecast and it's looks to be O.K. - maybe even hot the first part of the week. I know it'll rain at some point but hopefully not all day and night.


2 comments:

scott n said...

Scott. So is the East/West trail only open to HCRA members? Or does that only pertain to the trail called "HCRA Trail"? I run from Willow Creek up to the bluffs pretty regularly via Wildcat Trail, and wanted to venture out to some of the other trails down your way...but don't want to get caught someplace I shouldn't be.

Unknown said...

the gates say "Back country" on them but I have never seen anyone up there monitoring them. The Coyote ridge trail usually has someone checking cards but these new trails seem to invite everyone. Check em out!