Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, August 10, 2009

11 myles - 1.18:00

Coyote Ridge trail - 8:00 A.M.
70s, clear, dry
mind/body - good
easy effort

Just a ho-hum stroll through the park today. Avg. of 7:05 with just a tiny bit of elevation gain. I ventured onto a new section of the east/west trail to mix it up a bit.

The Colorado Trail is consuming my every thought. I even find myself getting emotional about it and I haven't even started. I think for the simple fact that this is the hardest thing I have ever attempted I am more fearful of failure than anything else. I am doing it for fun but I also want to know what my limits are. Is it the mind that goes first or is it the body? Only time will tell - I can't wait to get started!

Will be in Leadville next weekend helping this guy go sub 20 again.

4 comments:

aj said...

give Brian our best... I know he loves that run...Go get um ....

AJW said...

With you by his side (and carrying all his stuff) I'm thinking B'Fish will go sub-19 next weekend.

You guys staying at Sugar Loafin'? If so, can I get a ride to the start?

Ajaydub

Unknown said...

JayDub -

I'll be staying with Fish just outside of town so it might be tough to come and get you from Sugar loafin. Are you coming alone or with Fam?

Paul DeWitt said...

We (CRUD) have a guy staying at Sugar Loafin and you can check with him (Larry DeWitt) about a ride race morning. Of course knowing Larry he'll probably run to the start. He'll be in a pop-up camper with a wife and a dog.
- pauld