Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

8 myles - 58:24

HR urban trails - 8:00 A.M.
70s, dry, some clouds
mind/body - good
easy effort

Average of 7:18 so real easy run. Mainly thinking about what I'm about to embark on in exactly one week! I think of the last two years that has gone into planning the CT adventure and it drives me crazy to think I will have forgotten to do something. I will be all geeked out with gear to include a SPOT locator and Garmin 105 GPS watch.

Which reminds me, the link you see on the side of my blog is for the SPOT locator, you do not need to be a member of SPOT to see the latest updates. Just hit "full screen" and it will take you to the track I've laid down. The SPOT locator will only give the message that I have made it to my predefined destination for the day or if I run into to trouble it will send a help message or 911 message. In addition, check this map out created by my friend Christian Johnson. Pretty cool Google map of all the way points that will be plugged into my watch. Gives you a birds eye view of the terrain I will be facing on a daily basis. I've also added markers to show you the start of each day (green with black dot on page 2) I'll have the link to the map up right next to the SPOT map in a couple days.

3 comments:

scott n said...

Hey Scott, by chance were you running on the Bluffs this morning? Thought it was you at the top but wasn't sure.

Speaking of Bluffs, you see they are building a bridge (I think to connect the east/west trail).

-scott

Unknown said...

Hey Scott,

Yeah I was over at the Bluffs yesterday but more like 2 P.M. - where were you?

I did see that bridge being built. I've been over on the new section of the East/West - seems kinda curvy and bumpy

scott n said...

I was up on the bluffs around 10am...musta been some other guy running 7's up there.

I finally found a place to get water over near the bluffs. There are two new parks over near the lone tree rec center and you can get there from the trailhead in a pretty straight shot (~.4m).