Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, August 8, 2009

17 myles - 2.03:27

CT (waterton - Roxb. loop) - 8:00 A.M.
mid 60s, clear, dry
mind/body - good
easy effort

Just trying to salvage the week here. Going to Orlando got me out of my routine (again) only being able to put 13 myles on the treadmill in 4 days. One day I snuck out early only to have my manager occupy the treadmill right next to mine - so much for being sneaky... Although on both runs I did crank the treadmill up to 10% just to give the lungs a workout at sea level.

Today I felt great! I don't like to go to Waterton very much because the 6 mile road leading to the CT is very boring, however, once on the CT single track it makes it all worth it. I averaged just over 7 minutes per mile with some elevation - decent. On the road back I cranked it up a bit and was somewhere in the range of 6:40 when two fellows came flying past me, what the.... Turns out it was Mark B. from Boulder running company (2.20 marathoner) and his buddy doing some tempo work. And that's why I run ultras (I said to myself)

Picture in the Durango Herald finishing Hard Rock

2 comments:

Jamie Donaldson said...

Scott,

David did your same loop today starting at 11 am. He saw a huge bear on the trail between Waterton and Carpenter Peak! He is training for his comeback ran in September!

Unknown said...

WOW! Really a bear?!?! I was thinking about bears for some reason as I descended into the gully. Lots of people on the trail so it made me feel safe.