Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Colorado Trail adventrue

Well, here I am on the eve of my epic adventure. Two years in the planning stages and now it's time to put the rubber to the road. I am excited. I am scared. I am nervous. But most of all I am fortunate. Fortunate to have the support of family and close friends. I could not do this without them, so to them I say "thank you" now just in case I forget to say it out there. I will miss my family daily out on the trail but the thought of seeing their faces at days end will drive me to get to my destination. Then we do it all over again for 11 more days.

I am not afraid to say I'm scared, scared more for the unknown rather than the challenge. It's one thing to concentrate for 100 mile race but to do it almost 5 times consecutively will take every bit of concentration and strength I have. I am testing my limits and I won't know what my limits are until I go beyond them. I think it's safe to say with this, I'm approaching that line.

And I'll end with a quote that appropriately showed up on my blog today:

Defeat is not the worst of failures, not to have tried is the true failure.
-George Edward Woodberry

See you in Durango!
Post a Comment