Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, September 14, 2009

Colorado Trail

Well I finished the Colorado trail! I have many, many thoughts on my mind right now but too tired to put them into anything you can understand. So with this post I will give you the stats and then over the next couple of days formulate my thoughts and let you live vicariously through my words.

  • Started: September 2nd @ 2:58 A.M.
  • Ended: September 13th @ 3:48 P.M.
  • Total time: 11 days, 12 hours, 46 minutes
  • Total myles: 493.8 myles (got lost a couple times)
  • Avg. daily myles: 42.8 myles
  • Actual time on the trail: 137 hours, 9 minutes
  • Longest day: 61 myles - 18 hours, 15 minutes
  • Shortest day: 34.5 myles - 8 hours 28 minutes
  • Average MPH: 3.6 MPH
  • Elevation gain: 76,800 ft. (according to CT book)

Thank you all for your support along the way, even if you just checked on my progress through the "spotty" SPOT device - it means you were thinking of me and that means a lot! Obviously there were many people behind the scenes with this monumental adventure and I will be sure and let you know who they are in the coming days.

Talk soon - Scott
Post a Comment