Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, September 14, 2009

Colorado Trail

Well I finished the Colorado trail! I have many, many thoughts on my mind right now but too tired to put them into anything you can understand. So with this post I will give you the stats and then over the next couple of days formulate my thoughts and let you live vicariously through my words.

  • Started: September 2nd @ 2:58 A.M.
  • Ended: September 13th @ 3:48 P.M.
  • Total time: 11 days, 12 hours, 46 minutes
  • Total myles: 493.8 myles (got lost a couple times)
  • Avg. daily myles: 42.8 myles
  • Actual time on the trail: 137 hours, 9 minutes
  • Longest day: 61 myles - 18 hours, 15 minutes
  • Shortest day: 34.5 myles - 8 hours 28 minutes
  • Average MPH: 3.6 MPH
  • Elevation gain: 76,800 ft. (according to CT book)

Thank you all for your support along the way, even if you just checked on my progress through the "spotty" SPOT device - it means you were thinking of me and that means a lot! Obviously there were many people behind the scenes with this monumental adventure and I will be sure and let you know who they are in the coming days.

Talk soon - Scott

6 comments:

TD said...

congrats jefe,

An adventure to be shared for sure. Looking forward to hearing all about it soon.

brownie said...

Hell yeah!

Christian said...

What an accomplishment! Way to go Scott, looking forward to hearing more about it.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Scott! What a grand adventure.
BFish

Anonymous said...

Wow. Amazing. You're one consistent dude. Dumb question, but how many pairs of PI's did you take/use? If just one, you'll have to retire and bronze those babies.

Unknown said...

naw FF - that's a good question.

I took 6 pairs of PI shoes, almost all brand new but only wore two. I wore the Seek 4 for about 120 myles, then I spent the rest of the time in the Fuel XC (370 myles). The Fuel XC will launch in Spring '10. Best shoe I have ever worn! They will be bronzed if I can get the smell outta them...