Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

Happy mothers day to all the moms out there! In particular the mom's I know: my mom (Alverna), my wife (Nicole), and mom-in-law (RaeJean). Not that I don't know any other moms but these are the moms that I interact with on a regular basis.

This day is for you! This day is a day to recognize ALL that you do - noticed and many times not noticed. You have all shaped my life in one way or another to make me the person I am today.

To my mom: you always wanted the best for your 3 kids, which I never understood growing up. A lot of the times I disagreed with you for the simple fact of disagreeing. But deep down in my heart I knew you loved me and wanted me to make the right decisions. One story in particular I can remember when I was 15 years old, I was trying out for a competitive soccer team in Bountiful, Utah called the Cougars. I stayed out till the early morning hours and I have to admit I had been drinking. You waited for me to come home and when I did you let me have it! Do you remember? You knew that I wouldn't be the best I could be with no sleep and hung over, I thought different. Needless to say I didn't make the team and so the message is that mothers are always right, I guess it's called mothers intuition?? You taught me that once I make a commitment to something it's all or nothing. And to this day I think that's the reason for my drive in work or play. Thanks mom!

And to you my wife, Nicole: Thank you for all that you do, you are the reason this family survives. You are the rock in which Jaxon, Myles, and myself look to for just about everything in our lives. We all take you for granted because you are always there. I remember when you took the boys to Utah for a week and I stayed here. That brief week was a wake up call for me. I know I'm not always the sounding board you need but I assure you I hear you. I might not say much but I hear you. Thanks for putting me in my place when I need it most, and most of all thanks for being my wife and mother of my children.

RaeJean my mother in law: You probably won't read this but I'll put a few words down just in case. Happy mothers day to you as well! Just like your daughter, you are solid as a rock! Even though it's rarely said, we appreciate all you do! You are a loving grandmother to my boys and you accept as your own. I couldn't ask for much more! Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your message.. Sometimes I am tough on you because I know what kind of a person you are.. You make everyone around you a better person by example..You have always wanted the best of everything... Never settled for anything less... Good for you... I am proud of you & happy for you because you have accomplished so much in such a short time.. Makes me jealous , I can take a few lessons from you...Love Always...Mom