Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, May 8, 2008

16 myles - 1.51:41

Daniels Park - 9:00 a.m.
rainy-partly cloudy/wet/South wind
mind/body - fresh/no aches
medium effort

Puttin' a good solid week so far. My thought for today was to go early to avoid the typical springtime Colorado afternoon thunderstorm..... didn't happen! As I started, I looked to the West and noticed a dark band of clouds but couldn't tell which way they were moving because the wind was swirling. As I got to my turnaround it started to rain horizontal - guess dem clouds were a-movin' East towards me! The rain only lasted 20 minutes but numbed me to the bone. I'm lookin' outside right now and it's pretty much blue skies, crazy Colorado weather.

Despite all that I still put in a good time, 2nd fastest on this course. And I felt really good the entire way. First/last splits were: 6:55/6:35. Fitness is coming around! No more cold, bring on the heat!

No comments: