Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

15 myles - 2.00:12

Mt. Falcon - 1:00 p.m.
mild weather, mid 70's, partly cloudy
mind/body - clear/strong
medium effort

Started off the day with no intention of trying to get under 2 hours for the full loop at Falcon. Once I saw my first split I knew I could if I really pushed it. Here are my splits:
  • Turkey Trot - 17:14
  • Shelter - 29:30 (didn't stop watch for Walkers dream or two dog)
  • Start Parmalee - 50:45
  • End Parmalee - 1.09:47
  • End Old Ute - 1.34:09
Comparing these splits with my other time of 2.00:27, I noticed that I lost time in the middle and gained it back on the downhill. I think that's a good sign because it tells me that my body is responding better the longer I go.

On another note, I bought a new watch - Suunto T3. It has a heart rate monitor and pedometer, which clips to the shoe. I normally don't like to be wired but I wanted to see how high I could get my heart rate without dying, Mt. Falcon is the perfect place for that! I was surprised that I didn't even notice it once I got going. Today my max HR was 181, with an average of 158. I think the pedometer is pretty accurate, it measured 14.74 myles for the entire loop. The map reads 13.9 for the entire loop - pretty close. Good run as always at Falcon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok 15 seconds is still better... Nice going...