Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, May 30, 2008

10 myles - 1.10:29

Daniels Park - 2:00 p.m.
80s, partly cloudy, little wind
mind/body - hesitant
Heart Rate max/avg - 168/155

Since I get all this data from my watch I might as well use it, right? Instead of listing "effort" I decided to change it to maximum heart rate and average heart rate. This should tell me my effort based on the range I'm in. For instance, if I'm in the 150 range this a very comfortable, conversational effort. If my average is up in the 170 range then I'm pushing it. I don't know what my max heart rate is but I have a feeling it's in the low 180 range. I'll learn more as I go. In addition to the HR monitor, this watch has a pedometer which looks to be off by 0.04 mile. Either the watch is off or my odometer in my car is off. I say the pedometer just because of the mile splits I've been producing. Having said that I've been running a little more than what my watch says, which isn't all too bad.

The run today was a blase run. I was really debating skipping the run today because I've got a big run tomorrow with the CRUD guys down at Pikes Peak. Pikes Peak is the mutha of all climbing (sorry Grandeur Peak but you've got nothin' on Pikes), just about 8000ft of climbing all at 10,000ft or higher. Pikes Peak will be my staple run leading up to Hard Rock, it did a good job preparing me last year so why not go back and suffer a little more.

No comments: