Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, July 29, 2010

9 myles - 56:26

Chatfield - 8:00 AM
80s, clear, dry
mind/body - good
hard effort

Jaxon went with me again this morning. It took a little more bribing today because it meant he had to get out of bed and get ready.... normal kid right? On the way over I explained to Jaxon that I would probably not be able to talk that much so I would just answer with 'yes' and 'no'. He carried a backpack with water and Gatorade but was way too far ahead to know I wanted some. Most of this route is flat or down so he was just coasting along and at one point said "this is so much fun, isn't it Dad?" Well.... I had to answer yes but inside I was dying just a little bit.

At any rate, the run went pretty much as expected. My goal was 6:13 pace, which was my 50K pace at Caumsett. I ended up with a time of 56:26, which is 6:16 pace. I'm happy but it wasn't as comfortable as I wanted it to be. Lots of work yet to be done... as in speed work.

This will make you laugh:

I was driving when I saw the flash of a traffic camera. I figured that my picture had been taken

for exceeding the limit even though I knew that I was not speeding.


Just to be sure, I went around the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly,

but again the camera flashed.

Now I began to think that this was quite funny, so I drove even slower as I passed the area

once more, but the traffic camera again flashed.

I tried a fourth and fifth time with the same results and was now laughing as the camera

flashed while I rolled past at a snail's pace.

Two weeks later, I got five tickets in the mail for driving without a seat belt.


You know, you just can't fix stupid.


No comments: