Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, July 23, 2010

9 myles - 1.03:00

Lone Tree + loop - 5:00 PM
80s, clear, dry
mind/body - wishy/washy
easy effort

Promising run today. Legs were feeling a little sluggish to start but to be expected after all the climbing yesterday. I decided to keep it mellow for the majority of the run and then the last mile see what kind of speed I have left in the ol legs. Not too shabby - 5:59:36. Although wind aided. I certainly didn't feel comfortable but that's OK being the first leg turnover stuff in 5 months. I was feeling and thinking "light and fast" today. A lot of that had to do with my shoes or should I say slippers.

The new Streak - 7.9 oz




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet looking shoes! Do they run true to size?
Tim

aj said...

do they match the socks? Nice..r u wearing those in Ireland?

Scotty K. said...

Those are some tasty lookin' shoes you've got there. They've got me thinking I need to some PIs a try here in the near future.

Good luck with the training for Galway...go kick some A.

Unknown said...

The shoes match the green socks almost too good. Better to not wear the day glow socks.

Tim, they seem to be a 1/2 size short. I'm a true 10 and my toes are a little scrunched.

PI is doing a bang up job on reinventing their shoes. First the Peak, then the Fuel, and now these new Streaks. Getting better all the time thanks to Mike Thompson over at PI.