Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

9 myles - 1.06:54

Daniels Park - 5:00 PM
80s, North wind, cloudy
mind/body - tired from the day
easy effort

Plugged along at an easy 7:26 pace. One the things I learned from Paul is to take it easy on the easy days to recover from a hard day. In the past I tended to push the pace on all my workouts for all my myles.

The best part of the run today was Jaxon riding his bike along side me. He didn't talk much but every now and again he would blurt out "nice job Dad". Hope to have him along side more often.

2 comments:

aj said...

always nice to have someone run next to you ... glad it is your son the movitator...Happy Birthday to Nicole... the family organizer...

GZ said...

Seriously - all of my favorite runs have been those with my kids while they are either running or biking. It is just magical being out there with them, sharing the outdoors, the effort, the moment. Good stuff. Hard to explain why that is magic ... but it is.