Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

10 myles - 1.09:27

Daniels Park - 7:00 AM
60s, overcast, a little wet
mind/body - good
easy effort

Very good outing this morning. Can't say that I've fully recovered but I felt great! Anytime I can get under 7 pace on this course (some climbing) it's a pretty good run - 6:56 pace this morning.

On another note, I've got a big mouth.... and can fit a lot of food in there. My nephew, Dillon, challenged me to see how many Donette's I could fit in my mouth. Turns out I can do 11 with ease, he only did 6. Check out the video

8 comments:

Brandon Fuller said...

I wanted to see how they came back out!

GZ said...

Holy crap. This is why I am hesitant to run ultras.

trudginalong said...

Donettes... perhaps these should replace gummy bears at most ultra aid stations...

Unknown said...

They came out as a solid dough mass in the trash. Donettes are actually pretty good and filling so I wouldn't mind at an aid station.

Although I was accused of cheating by my nephew saying I was "chewing" so today I just did Atomic FireBalls - 21 of them! Video to come tomorrow. Mouth is on fi-yer!

brownie said...

Awesome! We should try this with Pikes Peak Summit Donuts...

GZ said...

Careful, or this blog my turn into how much can of something can I put in my mouth. Just sayin ... not judgin.

Unknown said...

Kinda left myself wide open didn't GZ. All in good fun.... Even the shots from the peanut gallery

Jamie Donaldson said...

I see a Donettes sponsorship in your future!