Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, July 26, 2010

10 myles 1.17:08

Daniels Park - 6:00 AM
70s, clear, dry
mind/body - seemingly good... until I started to run
easy effort

Not sure what kind of funk I was I was in this morning but I think it was a sort of Molasses funk... I was cranking along at a whopping 7:42 pace and I was miserable. I fully intended to get some leg turnover this morning but after my first mile in 7:41 I decided to get the 'junk' myles in for the week.

I'm still contemplating going out tonight to get some 400s in at the track but it's still close to 100 degrees. Got a little inspiration from reading this guy's training blog. Even though I won't hit those kinds of numbers, it gives me some good ideas of what I should be doing over the next 4 weeks.

Alright, so I went back out tonight for another 4 myles. I chased Jaxon on his bike to paintbrush park, did a few more 30 second 5K efforts around the park, followed by a timed last mile - 5:46. OK. I feel a little better...

1 comment:

aj said...

It will get better because you will make it better.. Competition is your middle name...