Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, February 12, 2009

4 myles - no time

Grigs - 3:00 P.M.
North wind, mid 30s, partly cloudy
mind/body - good
easy effort

Got out today again trying to get this lactic acid outta my thighs. I picked up the pace with 10 second bursts to increase the leg turnover - I feel pretty decent. Normally after a hundred I'll take the entire following week off but with WTC only 4 weeks away I need to get back to the quality speed stuff soon. The field at WTC is turning out to be as competitive or maybe even more competitive than last year. If I wanna crack the top 10 then I'm gonna have to hit in the low 3.40s, which would be a PR for me by about 5 minutes on that course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
How's the hammy doing?
tim

Unknown said...

Hey Tim,

Well I've been waiting for all the soreness to leave my legs to see if I did any additional damage to the hammy. I can't fully tell yet but it still doesn't seem quite right.

During RR I only felt it for the first loop as new blood rushed in and then after that I think adrenaline just took over. I'm continually stretching and icing it. I think it will turn out fine.

Good luck @ Red Hot - looks like it's gonna be a chilly one! Go faster to stay warm!

Anonymous said...

I'd say if you made it through 100 miles, it (the hammy) must just be some micro tears, especially if it's in the belly of the muscle as opposed to at the ends (butt or knee). You've got some time to heal a bit before wtc. Hope it gets better in time to have some snap in your stride for an awsome race there.
Good luck to you.