Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, February 21, 2009

21 myles - 2.29:34

Daniels Park/Lone Tree loop - 10:00 A.M.
Dusting of snow, mid 40s, clear
mind/body - sharp/fast
Hard effort

Prescribed workout: 2 - 2.5 hours WTC simulation run

Actual workout: 21 myles 2.29:34 avg. 7:07 ~1700 ft of elevation

I felt fast today! In fact, I went through my first mile in 6:40 and just kept it up for as long as I could. Half of the climbing today was done in the last 6 myles so I really concentrated getting up those hills and recovering quick. The last mile was 6:50 so I slowed down a bit but I still felt strong in the end. I think I've got my fueling strategy down; take a nip of EFS gel and a gulp of water every 15 minutes. It doesn't upset my stomach, I don't get sick of the favor, and my energy seems pretty constant. Last year at WTC I averaged 7:15/mile with 3600 ft of elevation gain so today I was a little faster than with the same rate of elevation and can only hope that's a good sign for this year. I'm hoping for the low 3.40s...

2 comments:

Paul DeWitt said...

And Way Too Cool is Way lower elevation than you are training at too! Nice run...

-pauld

AJW said...

What's your address? I'll send you a check for those PBR's now! You are running fast.

AJW