Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, February 23, 2009

13 myles - 1.31:01

Waterton Canyon - 4:00 P.M.
mid 60s, slight wind, dry
mind/body - not motivated
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 60+ minutes easy/steady pace with strides at the end

Actual workout: 13 myles 1.31:01 avg 7:00 - easy/steady pace with a few strides to end

I was not feeling motivated today. My son brought a bug home on Friday so I may have been feeling it. Although it always helps when someone calls and wants to run - kinda motivates you to get out the door - case in point today when Roger Stones called. I don't know about you but when I run with someone I always run faster and never really intend to, it just happens. Went up to Strontia Dam and tooled around a bit up there. Very mild whether so it was nice just to be out. On the way back, ran into Jamie Donaldson - which was a very pleasant surprise! I don't know why I'm always surprised to run into her up there, she only lives a mile from the canyon... At any rate it's always nice to see a friendly, smiling face.

1 comment:

Duane and Jennifer Ralphs said...

Eddy,

Read some of your blog today and there is obviously a reason we all call you "Fast" Eddy...

Holy crap dude. Keep up the good work...Training in the pool with Manners twice a week...He is really coming along. Good to see him so determined to get it "Right"

Hope things are going well.

Be good, Duane