Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, October 13, 2008

6 myles - 42:26

Grigs - 9:00 a.m.
partly cloudy, low 50s, mucky
mind/body - good, sore
easy effort

Whoa!! What's this? -said the legs. A little lactic acid build up from the run yesterday; a measly 6 mile run at that! Doesn't take the legs long to get de-trained does it? I was a little slower today due to being sore but warmed up nicely. First/last splits were 7:00/6:51. Considering this was an easy run I feel pretty good at this pace.

On top of my run, I went for a little swim right after just to see how I would feel. I did 17 laps (1/2 mile) in 30 minutes so pretty much the same pace at which I would do a mile. I did more reading online, this time on body position in the water. Everything I read said to make your body as if it's going downhill, meaning keep your head lower than your butt. So much to think about but to be honest I had more fun swimming than I did running today.

No comments: