Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, October 30, 2008

10 myles - 1.06:39

Daniels Park - 5:00 p.m.
nice day, no wind, dry, mid 70s
mind/body - good
medium effort

AAAHHHH nice to be back in Colorado - Good run today! Same run as last week where I try to hit 6:15s on the way back. Last week I hit 6:21s and felt good. Today I came back in 31:21 for an average of 6:16/mile. Progress. The goal is 6:15s for 26 myles so not quite there yet...

Spent the last week in San Francisco running through the city and a little bit of trail. My hotel was right on Union Square so I ran the trolley tracks on Powell and Hyde to the pier. From the pier I went across the Golden gate and onto the Coastal California trial. Nice runs, beautiful scenery, but waaaay too early. Because of the conference I was attending I had to be out the door by 5 a.m. to get in a good 2 hour run - had the streets to myself. Coming from altitude, it's really a strange sensation to run hills at sea level: my lungs don't quite get the workout my legs do. Which, for me, confirms the theory of live high-train low. I'm really looking forward to Miwok in 2009.

2 comments:

Paul DeWitt said...

Hey did you run into any of Keith's old boyfriends while out there?

Unknown said...

I did... I think??? As I ran through the Tenderloin district they referred to him as "Pudgy Bubbles"