Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, October 18, 2008

10 myles - 1.08:12

Daniels Park - 10:30 a.m.
70s, no wind, dry
mind/body - relatively good
medium effort

Very nice day to run with the temps in the 70s and dry, my favorite time of the year to run. Days like this are limited so they can't be wasted, and with the number of runners I saw on the roads, nobody was wasting today.

Yesterday I was going for the trifecta (swim, bike, run) but I was interrupted by a friend who wanted me to go mtn. biking when I got home from the gym, I obliged. I went for 1/2 mile swim in the pool and then got on the stationary bike for 35 minutes (10 myles). Then went on the mtn. bike for 15 myles around the local trails instead of a run. Either way I had about a 3 hour work out yesterday.

Today I felt good to start but felt a little fatigued in the end. I mixed up the pace today with 10 x 30 seconds @ 6:15/mile pace. In high school I was usually dead on when the coach wanted us to hit specific splits on the track so knowing my pace I think I was pretty close to my goal today.

As many of you know I'm a pretty symbolic person so for the last couple of weeks I've been searching for road marathon in December. My son Myles was born on December 15th last year @ 2:44 p.m. so I decided to commemorate his birthday this year by running a road Marathon in 2.44 or less. That's 6:15/mile. My road Marathon PR is 2.50 right now so I think with a little speed work a 2.44 is doable. The Marathon I'm thinking about is the Zappos Las Vegas Marathon on December 7th. I haven't talked to the wife about it yet so it's still up in the air. If I can do this then I'll probably have some pretty fast spring 50K times.

No comments: